Doug,

Here is a possiblity. Untested.

--set up variables
SET VAR vOriginalIntervalText TEXT = NULL
SET VAR vOriginalInterval INT = NULL
SET VAR vStopIntervalText TEXT = NULL
SET VAR vStopInterval INT = NULL
SET VAR vRemainingIntervalText TEXT = NULL
SET VAR vRemainingInterval INT = NULL

-- get the original interval
GETPROPERTY RBASE_FORM TIMERINTERVAL 'vOriginalIntervalText'
SET VAR vOriginalInterval = .vOriginalIntervalText

-- process you wish to run goes here
GETPROPERTY RBASE_FORM TIMERINTERVAL 'vStopIntervalText'
PROPERTY RBASE_FORM TIMERENABLED 'FALSE'
SET VAR vStopInterval = .vStopIntervalText
SET VAR vRemainingInterval = (.vOriginalInterval - .vStopInterval)
SET VAR vRemainingIntervalText = .vRemainingInterval
RUN my process here

-- after process completed
PROPERTY RBASE_FORM TIMERINTERVAL 'vRemainingIntervalText'
PROPERTY RBASE_FORM TIMERENABLED 'TRUE'
RETURN

Jan