Well RTF is NOT TEXT.  The problem you are having is combining (or trying
to) TWO complete RTF files together, which you cannot do.  Every RTF file
has its' own HEADER, BODY, etc, so when you try to combine the TEXTUAL
DESCRIPTION of the two files, you get an embedded HEADER from the second
file, which will not show up correctly.

I have written something here which is working based on the data you
provided, and which I also deduced was data that has been created within
the RBase environment as there are a couple things in the HEADER that I
don't see in something you might create in WORD or some other
wordprocesser.  That is no concern as long as you continue to do it the way
you currently do.

If you change to combining something from an extraneous source, then you
will have to modify the program to fit the new or different parameters.

Also in the zip file is a link to a web page that shows you the file
structure of RTF 1.0 to RTF 1.5.

Hope this helps.
Mike