This is the RBI-Trial delayed edition. This publication was software
delayed by 24 hours.

You can subscribe to the real time version of RBI at
http://lowrisk.com/rbi-subscribe.htm or call us 888-854-6516 (toll
free) or 303-980-1168.

We now have secure ordering from our Lowrisk.com web site! This is a
complete "end to end" secure system using SSL and PGP encryption. To
order go to http://www.lowrisk.com/rbi-subscribe.htm and select
"Secure web form".

To unsubscribe from this delayed edition send
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word "unsubscribe"
in the body of the message.

                   R.B.I.   W e e k l y

                      10 / 10 / 99

The bulls finally had a nice week. On Monday the market had a good
breakout rally in front of the Fed meeting, getting the week off to
a good start. On Tuesday, after the fed announcement, the market
took a spill to near the Monday lows and came back nicely. Then we
saw more follow through buying on Wednesday and, after a brief
pullback Thursday, the bulls kept plugging away with another
breakout rally on Friday. Most of the averages closed at or near
their highs for the week. The week's gains were impressive, to
say the least, as the Dow and SP500 cash were up 376.76 and 53.21
points, respectively, by week's end. That was good enough for gains of
3.67% and 4.15%. The Nasdaq 100 rallied just enough to close in
record ground, while the Nasdaq Composite is about a point away from
doing the same.

On Thursday night we wrote:

      "The highs today [Thursday] were made at an important
      resistance/target level, and a breakout above those
      highs should bring in the money and run the Dow up to a
      huge resistance level between 10710-10750. For
      reference, today's highs were:

      Dow, SP500 cash, Dec SP futures
      10604.49, 1328.03, 1339.30"

That breakout now has the averages quickly nearing the last big
resistance levels from the mid August to late September decline, and
we think that what happens early in the week near these levels is
going to be very important for the bigger picture.

Aside from a possible Nasdaq breakout here, we have more breakout
points just above the market on the Dow and SP500 cash index. The
SP500 cash chart is bumping up against the upper trendline of a
falling wedge on its daily chart. A close above 1341 SP500 cash here
and this chart will look pretty bullish for the bigger picture. On
the Dow daily chart, that average is bumping up against the bottom
of a former rising parallel channel. A close above 10710 would be a
bullish indication.

We also have some big resistance numbers intraday to tackle that are
just above current prices. There is very big resistance between
10723-10737 on the Dow and between 1354.50-1356.00 on the December
SP futures (see the resistance numbers below). These Dow numbers
include two retracement levels, along with a prior short term low
made in this area at 10732. It's just about the same on the SP
futures, with a cluster of two resistance numbers and a prior high
made at 1354.50. These levels look to be very important - a large
area of supply - that must be overcome to make the charts look
really good.

We had some subtle bearish internal divergences on Friday. For a
powerhouse day, breadth was negative by 104 net issues and volume
was not what we'd like to see on breakout moves. But the market has
been acting very well lately, and if the bears are going to get
control back, the market needs to start selling off early in the
week.

So we want to be watching the big resistance levels that are just a
short way above the Friday close. If the market stalls out in that
area, a reversal and decent selloff will likely be in the cards. If
it doesn't stall, and instead breaks these levels, an acceleration
of the uptrend looks likely. Again, selling near that zone with a
stop and replace just above might be the way to trade this setup.

We are going to hold off on an "official" trade and let the market
do the talking should we get near those resistance levels. If the
market is going to get up there and keep on going, this would have
to be a meltup type of rally. So we are going to be watching for a
few things that we will tell us whether on not this is a meltup
rally. For one, keep an eye on the tick during a rally...on any
pullbacks in price the tick should hold above the -300 level. Also
check out the breadth, as the advancing issues should outnumber the
declining issues by better than 500 issues. Finally, keep an eye on
the trin, as a breakout likely won't occur unless the trin is .75 or
lower. These are all indicators that will tell us how aggressive we
want to be in shorting at that resistance level.

------------ Editor's Note 11:45pm eastern, 10/11/99 --------------

Sorry for the delay in getting this trial issue out. The delayed
publication is normally completey automated, but tonight's issue
took a little manual intervention.

Two nice tops in our resistance zone gave some good spots to
sell...if you got the real time version. Subscribe today at:
<http://www.lowrisk.com/rbi-subscribe.htm>

// -- NUMBERS -- //

RBI signal strength = <1.28, neutral>
RBI buy/sell gate = <closed>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3 Day Thrust = <.09, neutral>
ADO 18 = <-216, neutral>
McClellan Oscillator = <+41, neutral>
Open10(Trin) = <.88, neutral>
BandAid = <1.23, neutral>
Momentum13 = <1.95, neutral>
Vol10 = <1.13, neutral>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Resistance basis the DJIA

10723-10737*****
10875-10892
11062
11142

A low below 10081 changes resistance

Resistance basis the SP December futures

1350.40-1352.60
1354.50-1356.00*****
1370.10
1377.00
1403.00

A low below 1267.00 changes resistance
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Support basis the DJIA

10520
10436
10368
10301
10217

A high above 10656 changes support

Support basis the SP December futures

1328.90
1317.10
1307.50
1298.00
1286.10

A high above 1348.00 changes support

Good trading,
Jeff

Copyright (c) 1999 by Jeff Walker, Lakewood, CO The R.B.I. Trader's
Weekly and Updates may not be redistributed without permission.

Disclaimer

The financial markets are risky. Investing is risky. Past
performance does not guarantee future performance. The foregoing has
been prepared solely for informational purposes and is not a
solicitation, or an offer to buy or sell any security. Opinions are
based on historical research and data believed reliable, but there
is no guarantee that future results will be profitable.

We are not advocating trading futures. The prices and contracts in
our R.B.I. signals and R.B.I. Weekly Market Letter specify a manner
in which you could trade RBI. We occasionally use the SP futures
market because it is extremely liquid and tends to lead the other
markets. This is not an endorsement or recommendation of the SP
futures market. The risk of loss in futures is substantial. You can
lose more than your original investment.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

InvestorMap.com- THE investing directory  http://investormap.com
Lowrisk.com- making sense of the market  http://www.lowrisk.com