I'm sure I'm not the only one here who carries a mug of hot coffee
along on the morning commute.  I picked up a two-pack of Contico
stainless steel mugs at Costco last week, and they happen to be a very
nice fit in a water bottle cage.  No handles to get in the way, and
they hold heat a bettter than most other mugs I've used.  Probably not
as well as a real Thermos, but a Thermos doesn't work if you want to
take an occasional sip en route.  I don't know if I'd trust one not to
leak in the down tube cage, but they should be fine on the seat tube.
You might drop Santa a hint while they're still available...