On Jan 20, 8:57 pm, Tyler <mock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I bought a used Bleriot some time ago that came with wheels made with
> Sunrim CR-18 rims and they're unquestionably from the oversized
> batch.

You should contact the shop you bought those rims from.  I've heard a
rumor that Sun is addressing these PR issues.

>snip<

> Alternatively, I'm kicking around the idea of building a rear wheel
> around an Alfine internally geared hub;...

Alfine IG hubs are really nice hubs, as far as IG hubs go.  IG hubs
benefit from very convenient shifting in stop/go traffic and have very
simple adjustments to keep it shifting nice.

There are a few tradeoffs too, as Jim T. pointed out.

John McMurry
Burlington, VT