On Jan 30, 2:44 pm, Eric Norris <campyonly...@me.com> wrote:
> Anybody have a recommendation or two for a great bike shop in SF near
> the USF medical center?
>
> --Eric

On a visit to SF, I discovered HeavyMetal BikeShop <http://
www.heavymetalbikeshop.com/>

"We have a small shop full of classic used bikes, frames and parts for
sale. We also carry new parts and occasionally have a new bike or two
for sale. In addition, we are a full service repair shop: tune ups,
brake or shifting adjustments, wheel building, flat fix, etc."

I needed a new brake cable.  The guys in the shop were very helpful
and friendly.  Let me fix the bike in the shop, and showed me a cool
trick: heating cable end with a butane lighter; melting a mardi gras
bead on as a cable end.  I've since stopped by a few times.  They have
a selection of used bikes for sale, reasonable prices, some with
relaxed geometries.

When West of Walnut Creek, they're a favorite.  I've also had good
experiences at Valencia Cyclery on Valencia of course.  Pretty much
diagonally across the street from RItual Coffee.

Best,
Larry