I've had some trouble keeping the rear wheel in one place as well.
I took the trouble to mark the quick release when I thought I had it
lined up pretty well, and it seems to slowly walk away from the marks
over a 20-30 rides of an hour each.
I've been wondering if the chain is going to wear a little faster
because
it's slightly out of line. any thoughts on that?