On our latest top-secret project, we decided to give the VO VS-6
saddle (http://www.renaissancebicycles.com/components/saddles/) a
try.  While most of our retrofits and upgrades get Brooks saddles, our
initial impressions of the VO saddle are good.  Just by visual
comparison, it appears a little longer than the Brooks Swift and it is
definitely more narrow, and it is of quality materials and
construction.

We have Brooks on our daily riders, so as mentioned before, don't be
lured away by saving a few dollars ... over the next 10 years, that
money will be inconsequential; we are a little dubious about the
Cardiff saddles, but we will get a demo saddle soon.

The deciding factor was that it gave our bike build (a 1962 Legnano) a
"racier" appearance, and that we will use the matching Elk hide sewn-
on bar covers (http://www.velo-orange.com/elsebarco.html) from VO.

For us it was not about the price, but came down to the appropriate
appearance and intended use for the bike.  Realistically, you probably
can't make a wrong decision.

Bryan @ Renaissance Bicycles