on 3/17/09 7:59 PM, Mike Irwin at rivendellbrownbom...@gmail.com wrote:

> Cool. The cloth over cork sounds interesting. Right now, I've got
> enough cork wrap for two layers, which I think I'll try, but if this
> isn't what I'm looking for, I may go after cloth over cork shellacked.

You might take a bit of a test ride with a double-thick cork wrap before you
shellack it down. I've found that thicker grips actually are really tiring
to my hands.

For example, I tried Ourey mtb grips for a couple rides, but got hellacious
hand cramps with them and went back to thinner grips.

- Jim

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Three T-shirts Now Available:
"I've Got Downtube Shifters..." S/S T-shirt
Cyclocross - "More Cowbell" L/S T-shirt
"One Cog - Zero Excuses" L/S T-shirt
http://www.cyclofiend.com/stuff

And a 2009 Calendar -