I don't know how many were made.  I'd imagine you are right; not many.  I've
got a set of XC-Pro cantis and an XC-Pro crank that will start the build.  The
bar will be an old WTB bar that I stumbled across a couple of years ago.
Haven't decided exactly on the shifters, but they will be bar end and friction.
 Still planning for some of the other stuff at this point.  david