What kind of Kool Stop pads are giving you grief?  I have Oryx brakes
up with the Eagle2's and they seem to work fine. I used a nickel on
the back ends of the brakes to get an even toe-in. Under very hard
braking up front there is a hint of a squeal, but under 95% of normal
conditions, it's fine.  I have heard of folks using the Kool-Stop
ThinLine pads on Oryx brakes. I don't know how those perform
sonically. Good luck.
Nick P
Chicago