> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Will <wpm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I know,
>> nothing works as well as a plastic bag and duct tape -- just looking
>> for something slightly more elegant. Thx.
The Brooks cover is not so rain proof, as others have noted. I sprayed
mine thoroughly with a water repellent spray, but have yet to test it
out in rain after spraying it.
As to elegance-  some might argue that something that functions
perfectly is innately elegant.  ;)
I always keep one of those infernal plastic grocery bags in my Little
Joe saddle bag. Not only does it make a great rain cover (and the two
handle loops can tie below the saddle to cinch it in place) ...but it
also comes in handy for just about any odd thing you might have to pick
up or carry home.  A surprise bonus of morels or a puffball perhaps?  I
once found a baby painted turtle in the middle of the highway with no
water in sight, so I put him in the bag and later released him into a
pond with others of his kind.  I sure didn't want turtle pee all over
the inside of my Little Joe!  (hmmm...where else but a bike list would
you hear a sentence like that? ...and has anyone ever even uttered that
sentence before in the history of mankind?)
Lisa

--
Appalachian Dulcimer noter & drone blog: