Another thing to consider is stretching your hand to open up the
carpal tunnel since it's the nerve that passes through there that gets
constricted and goes numb.  Simply open your hand in a starfish shape
stretching the thumb especially as far as it will go back and down.
It's important to do this without using the other hand to force the
stretch as it's easy to cause damage doing that.  I do it many times
per day with good results.

Kathryn
Eugene, OR