You can also kind of bent the springy thing away from the bell a bit.  My
daughter taught me that trick unintentionally....

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 6:05 PM, David Faller <[email protected]> wrote:

>  Put an extra little washer or two between the spring and the base.  It
> will distance it just enough to get rid of most autodings, but will still
> work normally quite well.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* cm <[email protected]>
> *To:* RBW Owners Bunch <[email protected]>
> *Sent:* Sunday, May 31, 2009 5:35 PM
> *Subject:* [RBW] Bell Ringing
>
>
> I have the brass bell that Riv sells with the spring- dinger and it
> was dinging constantly--to the point that others were threatening to
> not ride with me anymore. I had it mounted on Albatross bars so that
> the bottom of the bell was parallell to the ground. I moved the bell
> so that the bottom of the bell is perpendicular to the ground and it
> has cut down on auto-dinging by 90%. I have recently moved the bell so
> that it is on the quill of the stem, facing the sidewalk, the bottom
> of the bell perpendicular to the road, and this has all but eliminated
> the issue--- though I dont love how it looks on the quill.
>
> Any other solutions out there?
>
> >
>


-- 
Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW 
Owners Bunch" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to