I highly recommend the Hetre, although I have to admit to complete
lack of experience regarding the narrower tire.  The Hetre has changed
the way I ride in that it gives so much more stability.  Descent is no
longer a white knuckle affair, but a joy. It is a very fast tire,
depending only on the engine.  I don't know what the trail is on the
Bleriot, but putting a wider tire on it will change the steering - I
think for the better - but you should ask Jan Heine, who has far more
experience and understanding of the matter than I.