One place right in the city that I like is the Mosser on 4th. It is a
half block from Market St. and just outside of the Powell Bart
station. Its a nice, clean, modern hotel with small rooms and really
great rates for that area. There are also shared bathroom rooms with
really inexpensive rates. We have used it for business travel and
because of the quality, location, and price can recommend it. Even if
you decide to stay outside the city it might be fun to spend a night
downtown.