I would imagine that the Rom would get noodly if you put a lot of
weight on the front, which you will discover if you brake while going
downhill. I found this to be the case with my Atlantis, and I think it
has a lot to do with a 1" steerer being somewhat flexy under such
circumstances. But with a small rack, you could, for example, strap a
5-lb tent across the top, and it would be ok,

For rear racks, I think the Surly Nice Racks are unbeatable.

For racks