In order to celebrate my Rivvy's 10th birthday I'm sprucing her up a little
this summer.
Shellacked cork grips, new saddle (replacing a 15-year-old Brooks that finally
bit it) and aluminum fenders.

1. The brakeset that I bought for this frameset back in 1998 has to be
replaced. I have found a Dia-Compe longer-reach D/P sidepull (nutted) for the
front in silver; now I need one to match in the rear. Does anyone have one of
these who can help me out for cash or trade?

2. Speaking of the original brakeset, it's a Shimano RX-100 long-reach (57
reach). At the time (1998) this was all that was available in long-reach and
because I worried that I might need replacements someday I bought two complete
sets of brake calipers from RBW when I ordered my frame. The first set is still
going strong and will go on another bike. The second set is still in the bag,
unopened, and I would be happy to sell it to anyone in need of a really nice
brakeset (that's no longer made).

I paid 75.00 in 1998 for the set. I'd welcome offers (though I would probably
want more than JUST the Dia-Compe rear brake that I'm looking for as that part
is definitely a downgrade from the RX-100's. Please email me off-list and lemme
know.

Thanks --Beth

http://bikelovejones.livejournal.com

http://veloquent.blogspot.com