I rode my 65cm Hilsen through last year's brevet circuit. While I
never carried a rear rack or panniers, I often carried a large
handlebar bag (similar to the Ostrich bags) on a marks rack up front.
The bike and baggage performed flawlessly. However, I've always had a
bit of front wheel shake with this bike if I try to no-hand it doing
anything over about 17mph. Put one hand on the bars and the wobble
stops.

I am slightly over 200lb, so I had my Hilsen put together with
slightly heavier tubing, not sure if that matters but I imagine yours
will do just fine with the task at hand.

The silver brakes will do just fine. I've used them on screaming
descents, after hours and hours of rain.  Anyone should be cautious
anytime you're headed downhill at high speeds carrying a load.

Have fun with it!

Bob H.
Knoxville TN