Dia-Compe centerpulls fit much better.  I had the Silvers on my
Bleriot w/45m Berthouds and made the switch to the DC's.  When I
gripped the levers tightly with the Silvers the front fender
noticeably moved up front (not a lot but there was movement). Would
have likely been fine but there's ton's of room with the centerpulls.

Never tried Hetres but guessing it would be tight with 45mm fenders.
I'm running Schwalbe Marathons (39ish) and it's about as close as I'd
care to get.

Rob Markwardt