I think handlebar fit/style is the thing I spend the most time & money on
with bikes!

I'd recommend the Technomic (non-deluxe) in a 10cm and give that a try,
along w/ a post that has more of an offset clamp.

FWIW, here is what the Technomic's look like w/ A-bars
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/2058061573/

--
Cheers,
David