Hi all:

My sweetie may be attending a Jewish food sustainability conference in
Monterrey, California in late December.
The conference is being held in a fancy-schmancy retreat center where sharing a
quad accommodation will run over 300 bucks (in addition to the over-300-dollar
attendance fee).
To save money, we are investigating the possibility of her staying in more
affordable digs nearby and renting a bicycle to go back and forth to the
conference. It's likely that she will drive down for the conference (because
that's actually cheaper than flying). If she can find ways to cut costs up
front it will be easier for her to apply for scholarships for remaining costs.

I would welcome suggestions for cheaper motels and a local shop where she can
rent a basic city bike. Please reply OFFLIST, and thanks.

Beth in PDX

http://bikelovejones.livejournal.com

http://veloquent.blogspot.com