Garth,

I have the 135mm 7-speed Riv/Phil hub on my Atlantis.  With a Suntour
freewheel I have plenty of clearance.  I'd be happy to measure it if
you want.

Angus

On Aug 13, 9:32 am, Garth <[email protected]> wrote:
> Has anyone used the Phil/IRD aka "Riv" hubs with a freewheel other
> than an IRD?
>
> PW explained to me that they moved the shell over 2mm to the drive
> side to get a better chainline when using an IRD FW. . .  as
> apparently it is overall spacing is different than other brands.
>
> I have some Sachs, Suntour and Sunrace FW's to use for a new wheelset,
> but am wondering if the IRD hub would have enough clearance between
> the last cog and frame.  It should, as I have about 5mm clearance on
> my road bike using a Sachs 7sp FW on a regular PW hub .  .  .but
> theory and reality are sometimes not the same.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW 
Owners Bunch" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to