I have owned two Romulus' and now have an Ebisu All Purpose, and my
wife just got a road model. I think for me the main difference is
tubing--where the Romulus had oversized down tube and top tube, and
Ebisu can be had with standard (25.4 or 28.6) tubes. The ebisu road is
certainly sportier than the romulus, and takes basically the same size
tires (uses standard reach brakes). it doesn't come stock with rack
braze-ons, but is definitely fitted for fenders.

The Ebisus are mostly built by a NJG small builder in Japan, who is
really a custom builder doing a batch of semi-production work. You can
actually get your Ebisu built by Toei for a $400 up charge.

I have been really happy with my Romulus, and am curious about the
roadeo, but for $1600, i got to have custom geometry, and pick my own
color for my eibsu, it's really a great deal!

franklyn