one of my riding partners has a Berthoud, and he is still trying to show it who
is in charge :-)  Probably has over 1000 miles on it now.  I bought myself a
Brooks Super Champion Flyer S many years ago, and it went from new to not bad
to uncomfortable.  The leather gave it up too quickly.  Had the Selle Anatomica
cut out installed, and it didn't help.  (Still in the cabinet.  Make an offer.)

After many years of Terry Butterfly and a brief foray into the Selle Italia
Diva Gel Flow, I bought a Rivet Pearl.  Also very thick, stiff leather.  Our
relationship is improving.  Almost 1000 miles on it so far.  Due to the way the
Rivet is constructed,, the skirts will never splay out.  I am optimistic that
we will get along well for the foreseeable future.  Rivet saddles have a 1 year
(!) return policy.