I can't watch the video- it isn't captioned, so I don't know the details,
but I get the gist of it.

For what it's worth, I ride my bike first thing in the morning if I can,
and it's usually the only time I get to ride. I just go to the coffee shop,
fill my thermos, and go outside and watch the sun rise or people going in
and out and have a small cup (it's a big thermos). Sometimes I write,
sometimes I just sit there, sometimes I read the poem of the day in
writer's almanac.

Seth was the one who did the coffee ride- he'd ride every morning to bring
us coffee, and he'd try to do it daily with exception of some very frigid
mornings (he's a Southern boy after all). Sometimes it would be his only
ride the whole day. I thought I'd try it out, and I've found a route that
works for me (low key, very little traffic, wide roads, some hills). It's
only 2 miles total, but it is definitely my happy place. When I ride to the
coffeeshop, I ride into the sunrise, and when I'm ready to go back, the sun
is behind me and has warmed me up. Most mornings I feel like singing at top
of my lungs (though I stay quiet out of respect for my neighbors).

And always, I feel like I'm riding with Seth when I ride my bike. I get to
see dogs being walked, say hi to my neighbors, watch flights of birds, try
not to run over inexperienced baby squirrels, and see the trees in bloom
(currently, dogwoods, redbuds, magnolias, though thankfully, bradford pears
are done for now). Soon it will be honeysuckle and jessamine time. I'm
beginning to understand why he liked the morning rides.

And no, there's no reason to ride to the coffeeshop other than that it
feels like a sacred ritual that is both fun and invigorating and well, just
brings me joy. The rare, unadulterated kind of joy that can coexist with
the ever-present grief. And I'll always have Seth to thank for that (he
taught me to ride a bike uhmm, 9 years ago).

Enjoy the ride.

-Eunice