Grant noted (back when RBW was a seller of these) that the tension bolts screw
almost all the way out pretty quickly and then stay that way. I agree, based on
my early Selle saddle (a non slot example) which has stayed put with bolt all
the way out for about 3,000 mi. I have 2 others, with slots. One has gone all
the way out on the bolt but is not high in miles yet, and the other is about
1/2 out on the saddle bolt.  I like them better than my lone B17, but that is
not a bad saddle either.
Selle offers a "Newskin Saddle Service." If you wear out (non warranty
situation) a saddle, they will re-skin your frame for $75. Not a bad option.
They do not warrant saddles bought on Ebay, or second hand. They will re skin
them though.
While we're sort of on the subject, one of the slotted Selle saddles came to me
with laces installed by the prior owner. It looked great but it caused the slot
edges to turn up and act like knives against my bottom. I unlaced the saddle,
backed the tension bolt off a hair and find the thing very comfortable.  I have
a NOS Brooks B5N that is getting proofide applications in a long term softening
effort. That saddle comes with lace holes, and may get a trial that way,
depending on how soft the saddle gets.
Tailwinds!