On Sep 9, 4:46 pm, Fai Mao <i.am.fai....@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about a copy of the Suntour Cyclone or Simplex LJ rear derailleur to go
> with the Silver shifters?

The problem is basically any $20 Shimano rear der will outperform the
ones listed. Further, if you really want or need one of these ders,
you can probably find them on ebay or CL.

> A 32 mm wide touring tubular for touring  or brevet riding and a rim to hold
> them?

What is  the advantage of a tubular on a tour or brevet?

> Maybe a 650B tubular rim and tire?

Is there that much demand for 650B to warrant a tubie? I ask because
Kirk Pacenti wanted to come out with a *fast* 584x38 clincher tire and
couldn't get enough orders.

> A Taiwanese version of the Rodeo  Maybe 1/2 a lb heavier with DT shifter
> bosses

This might work. The question is how much? If its not substantially
cheaper than the current roadeo, then its better to support one that
is made in America!

Good Luck!