New Bike Day always gets the pulse up.

For clamp-on grips, I've used Ergons & been quite happy with both the ease
of installation / removal and the comfort.  As to swapping bars
back'n'forth, you'd need to allow enough cable & housing to handle the
widest bar in your test group.  I've been doing a bit of bar fiddling
myself lately and the "hassle factor" I've hit is getting some of the bars
with tighter bends thru the Nitto stem without scratching them up.  A stem
with a removable face plate would simplify this.  Some set-ups I've fiddled
with should have had different length stems than I had. After always using
drops, I'm exploring upright bars & it's a whole other world, good
for hours of conjecture & entertainment.

dougP