I've pulled the trigger on a beautiful silver Quickbeam, so Lord willing and
the creek don't rise it should be here in a few weeks. I have a few questions
as I gear up for her arrival...

Knobbie Tire:
Talking with Riv., they suggest I can go with up to a 40mm knobbie and still be
able to swap rings in front. I'll be on dirt roads and trails mostly, with some
unavoidable sections of pavement. What do you all recommend? Both size and
specific tire.

Gearing:
I plan on riding the stock gearing first, but what do you all recommend here
for essentially a single speed cyclocross setup? Obviously, I'll have to become
a stronger rider, and have already started that on my rides by not shifting
down as much. I did well on today's 10 mile ride in 36/21, and my understanding
is the low ring is 32, so possibly a Surly dingle cog, 17/21? I heard if you
have even teeth up front you should have even teeth in the back, is that true?

Thanks! The bike therapy continues!

With abandon,
Patrick

www.MindYourHeadCoop.org