I know that some of this has been covered before, but, specifically, which
is better for riding to the beach with towels, etc. - a SaddleSack Medium
or Large?  Need to put in about 3 or 4 beach towels, light snacks, and some
other odds and ends.  My Hilsen has a Tubus rack on all the time.  I don't
do food shopping, etc. with my bike, but do use it for long rides, day
trips, some overnights.

If Large is the answer, what issues are there on  rides?  Any balance
issues?  Any back of leg hitting bag issues?  Any hitting the bike riding
next to you unintentionally issues?  Would probably prefer the Medium if it
can do the above task, but even if it can, willing to hear thoughts about
why the Large isn't that bulky.