Luna and xero sandals sound interesting, but can you bike ride with them
>> comfortably?
>>
> Or do you need barefoot pedals also to do this?

 I've been biking in Luna sandals for about a month now with the Thin
Gripsters. It works well, with two issues. One, it is way too grippy (I
have the Mono model with medium grippyness on the soles), so it's hard to
readjust my foot sometimes.

Two, there is part of the pedal that puts too much pressure on my right
foot just behind the ball of my foot. This of course, depends on my foot
position and how hard I'm pushing on the pedals (climbing vs cruising vs
riding hard and fast, etc.).

But, FWIW, I cannot feel the gripster pins at all through the soles, only
the bigger parts of the pedal.