My wife has the Cheviot and we have not taken it mountain biking. It's an
all-rounder with thinner slicks at this point but we will probably add some
knobbies and test it out later this summer. There just aren't many great tire
choices in 650b so I am being patient. I know that Riv has a video on their
site with Keven putting it through the off road test and it seems to handle the
off road just fine. I think it's the same all roundish bike as my Sam
Hillborne. You can do almost anything on it you want. The hunqapillar seems
sturdier if you plan to ride mostly off road. That's what I would get and still
might someday.