So it's my rear hub.  <one year old velocity atlas wheel set and it's shot.
Spoke to Rich and they are going to help me out.  I found out exactly what it
was when I went to remove my rear fender I had worn through.  Yes, worn
through.  It's a PDW soda pop that clips to the rear chain stay bridge and seat
tube so it had play combined with my saddle sack hitting it.  Noticed that the
hub had play and investigated it further to find the cones are all pitted and
rusted out.  I regressed and adjusted it buts still crepitus.