I recently put on some Vittoria Voyager/Hyper tires in the 38c size on
the Bombadil .  . .  and oh how sweet and supple the ride !    About 50 PSI
is where I have them for now and they really glide over all the patch paved
and chip/sealed roads around here :)     A nice note of singing too on
smooth roads .  I bought some 35's for my other bike, but am enjoying these
too much right now to bother with them :)

On Mavic A719 rims they measure 39mm wide .  A really nice round profile to
them too .