Jim,

My understanding is that it's not the sugar alone, but the carb/insulen
cycle that is the issue. Address that (by eliminating grains and sugars and
nearly all carbs (safe for white rice, and potatoes, and any resistant
starch, unless you are choosing to become keto-adapted). The book Grain
Brain sheds a lot of light in clear language onto this topic.

So while I think the Sugar Challenge is admirable, I think it misses the
point -- until we become fat burning rather than sugar burning, we are
still in the same glucose/insulen cycle, and nearly always in fat storing
mode.

As you may have seen in my ride report, I do not take carbs or sugar of any
kind, and not much food. I do great on a 9 hour ride at an enjoyable, brisk
pace.

With abandon,
Patrick