Nice write-up.

When I got to the part about Toronto, I almost laughed. You nailed it!
That's pretty much what this city is like; reckless hooligan car-nation
drivers. I saw my partner nearly hit (and probably nearly killed) by a
speeding driver right in front of me. It was a very close call, within a
few inches. One of the countless scary encounters I've had while cycling in
this city.

Why did you not follow the Waterfront Trail along the lake, instead of
going through the suburban wasteland to the north?

KJ
Toronto, Canada