On Friday, July 18, 2014 10:17:38 AM UTC-5, Jim Bronson wrote:

> I wish people would post their interest to the list.  I understand that
> the details of transactions should be kept in private, but if interest was
> posted we'd have some sort of idea as to whether the thing was available or
> not.
>
> What is the etiquette for FS/FT/WTB listings on the RBW-Owners list? I
don't see any specific rules stating whether inquiries for FS/FT/WTB items
should be sent offlist.
Over on the iBOB list this is a rule, which I prefer.
I opt not to get email updates on threads so my email isn't full of list
emails. If someone posts to a thread, I won't see it until I check lists.
A private email to poster should get a response from the poster as to
whether the item is available.
I check my email far too frequently, but understand that many people don't
and that an inquiry I send may take a bit to get a response.
That being said, sometimes PMs don't seem to work for some and PMs cannot
be sent from most mobile devices thanks to Google Groups mobile interface.
David
Chicago