I'm much more of a Honka Hoota guy than a ding-a-ling type.
http://youtu.be/urfTG1yFlYQ  If you push hard they are loud but you can
give it little punches to be more expressive, kind of like a train engineer
does.  I find it really gets attention and a lot of smiles.  $7 at REI. And
it doesn't rust or corrode.