I was amazed at how fast my order from RBW arrived last week, with zero
shipping charge to boot. I ordered late (well past COB) tues. and my
package arrived while I was at work on thurs. Granted I live only a few
towns away from them, but I still think that is remarkable. Well done RBW.

A pair of Soma Grand Randonneur Green tires were in the box. Mounted on
Synergy rims with ~45 psi they measured ~39mm when I mounted them, and ~41
the next day. Thats with my non digital english caliper and my aging eyes
so YMMV. With my silver side pull brakes all the way open, and my current
state of wear on the pads, the tires fit through inflated (just barely on
one end). I have only done one ride on them. I started with 35/45psi
(front/rear). They seemed to be a bit more squirmy or wandery than I prefer
so I added abt 5psi part way through the ride, which seemed to fix that.
The bike and I probably weigh in at about 180 to 190lbs. Compared to the GB
Cypres (32mm) tires I have been using (@ ~55/65psi) the GB seems a bit
cushier. Perhaps on worse surfaces the difference would be more noticeable,
but yesterday the difference did not bowl me over. The bikes handling with
the GRs is a bit less responsive, or more stable, than with the Cypres.
Could be due to larger contact patch, or increased trail, or iduno. The
Soma GR are also more audible than the GB Cypres.
Oh and they do look BIG to my unaccustomed eyes.