There are a couple of other threads from a while back that broached this
subject, but I thought I would start a new one for freshness' sake.

So, I'll be travelling to SF in a couple of weeks for some brief vacation
time, and will be bringing a bike along with me. Naturally, I have done my
share of reading ride reports and ogling others' pictures over the years,
but please share your favourite online resources and tips. I have been to
SF once before, in 2008, so I am generally familiar with the layout of the
place. I didn't do any cycling then, though.

Timeframe is August 18-26. For the first few days I'll be staying with
friends in Berkeley; the rest at an AirBNB in Oakland.

Would like to explore Marin, Berkeley Hills, Diablo and Walnut Creek, and
the city proper. Any kind of day ride, really. Open to any suggestions you
might have! Of course, I'm up for some rides with other list folks, if you
are around during the weekdays.

Also, my GF will also be joining me - but *sans-velo* - from the 23rd
onwards the after attending a conference in BC, and would interested in
either borrowing a bike from a list members or hearing about good bike
rental options for the weekend. Anyone in the Oakland area have an un-fancy
52-56cm-ish guest bike to lend out?

Thanks y'alls!

Kieran
Toronto, Canada