Another datapoint. I lock my Hunqapillar up everywhere I go in Seattle. I
try to lock in up in high visibility areas, but I don't stress if it's out
of my line of sight. I'm (probably excessively) careful about what exactly
I'm locking up to, particularly where the Cora Rack is concerned. I use
Pitlocks for my wheels, and a security allen bolt for my seatpost. My lock
of choice is the ABUS City Chain 1010
<http://www.abus.com/us/Recreational-Security/Bike-Safety-and-Security/Locks/Lock-Chain-Combination/CityChain-1010>.

It's flexible, long enough to lock a couple of bikes if I need to, and its
security seems to be directly proportional to it's mass. It's one heavy
mothertrucker. My bike is my sole means of transportation besides walking;
I ride it everywhere, year round, for any number of reasons. I LOVE my
bike, everything about it, but it's too much stress to worry about it all
the time, so I do what I can and try to be buddha about the rest. For what
it's worth, no one has ever messed with my bike beyond ringing the bell (it
happens, it's a cool bell!).