Especially so when compared to the cost of leather.  There is so much
tanned cow skin on the market, I would not be all surprised to learn Brooks
cost for leather is substantially less than the infused rubber.

Agreed. There was a LONG discussion about the price of this saddle when it
came out. I would think with Brooks' tooling and machinery in place, that a
leather saddle would be less expensive for them to make than the Cambium.

Matthew - I have the Cambium set up close to level with drop bars and
positioned the actual saddle level. Any tips for a different angle? I still
have the saddle and wouldn't mind messing with angles before I return it.
All in all, it's narrower than I prefer. Doesn't really matter if it's
vulcanized rubber or leather or the saddle is just too narrow for my
tastes. I know there's investment in tooling and such, but I hope they
launch new sizes.

David
Chicago