Interesting.  I thought the Atlantis chainstays had always been 44cm
(current spec according to Riv website).  From 1995 to pretty much 2012, I
rode bikes with 43cm chainstays and about a 1030mm wheelbase so that's what
I'm used to.  I've got a couple of longer bikes now and they are smooth
riding but I prefer the agility of the smaller wheelbase.  This excites me
even more about finding a used Atlantis.  The LHT's 46cm chainstays are
about the only thing that keeps me from just buying one of those.