;-) I got hooked on that as well, and even one better - collecting
handlebars while touring in Europe!!!

I think it was in Hungary (or the Netherlands???) where I first
stumbled into a bike-coop years ago, and noticed that the bucket o'
bars was just a bit juicier than what we have domestically. I recall
lugging around multiple pairs of townie bars for the rest of that
trip.

Years later, this would culminate in my "suspect" bags being
confiscated by French airport security at CDG. What a price to pay for
a set Belleri porteur bars!

=- Joe Bunik
who still hasn't learned his lesson in
Walnut Creek, CA