It might not be quick (might even be tedious), but small hose clamps
<http://wetheadmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/pictures/2008/12/Small-Hose-Clamp.jpg>

are reusable and would keep the basket firmly in place.    In any case, as
Michael pointed out you need something that has a strong clamping effect,
otherwise the basket would likely rattle around.