I'm almost certain the Sunrace indexed thumb shifters are Microshift
as well, I have one set of 9 speed indexed Microshift bar-ends and
they look exactly identical to the Sunrace shifters (and the IRDs as
well...).

But it's good of you to point this out because Sunrace gear is usually
sold at a lower price point and indeed I found them at a vendor, Ben's
Cycle, who I like and carries a lot of Riv-ish gear.  $21.95/ea with
$3 shipping available, I will be going this route.

https://www.benscycle.com/p-4742-sunrace-m96-thumb-shifter-rear-indexed.aspx

https://www.benscycle.com/p-4741-sunrace-m96-thumb-shifter-front-3-speed-friction.aspx

Thank you Scot, you saved me $35.

-Jim

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 1:30 AM, Scot Brooks <scothinck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The deal with the Microshift thumb shifters and the IRDs is that they work
> great. I've tried both at the shop, and been happy enough. There is an
> alternative though; Sunrace thumb shifters (and NOT the ones Riv sells) can
> be had in 8 or 9 speed indexed for $28 retail per side, or $56 for a bike's
> worth. They are as accurate as the Microshift or the IRD, for sure, no doubt
> about it.

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!