Other than bringing the map case closer to my eyes I'm not sure how much
benefit there is in having a bag that comes all the way up to the stem.  I
have the small Acorn rondo bag and it holds everything I need at hand, and
I can fill it with as much weight as a road bike really wants right there.
 I suspect a bigger bag,which would "fit" my 62 & 63 cm frames would just
encourage me to over pack and over weight..

Michael