I had surgery about a month ago and I had almost 4 weeks before that I
could not bike b/c of the problem prompting the surgery. Many of y'all
were helpful in your suggestions of things I should do while I could
not ride a bike. My doctor has said I'm completely good to go, I can
even lift heavy objects again.  (yay?)

In the last couple of months I have:

1. learned to knit -  working, slowly, on a sweater in my spare time now.

2. learned how to build a wheel - fine it was only a front wheel, but
it looks good and it wasn't that hard, really. Truing was, umm,
harder.

3. read half of two wheels north - got distracted by other reading
before finishing - but it's back on top of the pile

4. cleaned all the bikes and sold all the unloved/unused bike stuff at a swap.

5. readjusted the fender line on the atlantis and changed out the
tires. I also installed the davinci splitters properly and I've
swapped the bars back-and-forth from noodles to albatrosses a number
of times. It's nice being able to swap out your bars in about 10
minutes and not have to adjust all the cabling. (I might have to use
the birthday gift certs I got to riv for some other handlebars to play
with.)

All in all much progress.

In the last few days since I've been able to ride I've noticed:

1. I rode the castro valley and the atlantis side by side and the
bianchi is distinctly uncomfortable compared to the atlantis. Tires on
both are within 3mm of each but the bianchi just doesn't feel right. I
think it is going to find a new home where someone else can love it.
It's a bit daunting just how much more comfortable I am on the
atlantis.

2. My S.O. rode the atlantis while I was unable to and she liked it, a
bunch, maybe a bit too much.

3. I bought a pair of musa shorts back in may or so - b/c they have an
elastic waistband they don't make the surgery scar hurt - so I've been
more or less living in them. They're handy for everything. :)

4. I was glad to have this mailing list  and cyclofiend's current
classics site around while I was healing up.

thanks,
-sv