After first ride:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/23646261@N03/Pfyjf3

Out of the box experience:
-notably lighter than my custom, maybe due to all 105 drivetrain/hubs?
-good packing job
-cables looked/worked great, no binding
-drivetrain required no adjustment, shifts extremely well
-chain a bit rusty, will replace
-looks like 12-25 cassette, will replace with moderately used 11-30
-minor brake adjustments needed
-back wheel had a pretty big hop, but trued (easily)
-seat adjusted to same saddle height as my Custom, bars hastily pulled
level, hey I wanted to ride it.
-rear fender line is odd, I guess the PO was trying not to have the
mudflap contact the tire

the ride:
-rides like a Rivendell - good handling, good road feel, feels lively
but not whippy
-huge 200mm cranks are quite odd.  Feels very leisurely.
-Pasela TGs are like riding through molasses compared to Compass tires.
-Back wheel stayed true over 20 mile bumpy ride on concrete bike path
-cockpit definitely not dialed in, but that's to be expected because
it's set up for someone else.
-Brakes!!  wow these brakes are a lot stronger than what I have on my
custom - Shimano levers, Shimano generic 47-57 reach, kool stop
salmons if you were wondering.
-interrupter levers are a nice addition.
-liked the saddle more than I thought I would, really not bad at all.
Specialized something or another with cutout relief.

To be changed
-wire/install Supernova E3 I have on-hand
-move from Shimano to Tektro levers for the extra QR - tires cannot be
inserted past brakes even with QR open when inflated as it stands
currently.
-move brake lever location farther up the drop - they are mid drop now
and I hate that.
-think I'm really going to have to go with a stem that has slightly
less extension - feel a bit stretched out.  Will compare reach to my
Custom
-water bottle cages rattle.  they must go.  to be replaced by King Cage Iris.
-not really a fan of the 200mm cranks although they didn't make my
knees hurt like I figured they might.  They also make a 650B
conversion pretty much impossible, although, this bike can take 700x32
with fenders so I might not convert it.
-Want Compass Stampede Pass to replace current Pasela TGs.
-fix the rear fenderline - I wonder if the mudflaps will be just as
effective if I mount them outside rather than inside.

--
Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!